It’s a new day at The Depot. You’ve probably heard that the property is under new management, but what does this mean and how does it affect you? We know that you may have had issues and concerns in the past that may or may not have been addressed to your satisfaction. We are committed to providing you with the best possible student housing experience in Akron. We also want to say thanks! Thanks for being amazing residents and living with us for another year. We’re so excited to show you guys the new and upcoming changes around our community!
There will be a ton of things happening this month because of the major changes approaching, and we want to make sure our residents are fully aware of what’s going on. At the end of July, it’s always unfortunate that we have to say goodbye to some of our residents. However, part of getting ready for our new residents — and accommodating our current residents — requires a lot of housework. That includes re-painting, re-carpeting, etc. So as a head’s up, please don’t be alarmed when maintenance enters your apartment! We want to make this process as smooth and pleasant as possible for everyone.
Reminders & Updates
If you’re still a resident here, that means you have decided to live at The Depot another year — woohoo! Here are some reasons why you made the right decision:
- New maintenance staff
- Internet upgrade in mid-July
- Increased security controls, including the Akron Police Department
- Parking monitoring and enforcement
- Amenities monitoring and enforcement
- Implementation of the Students First™ program
- Improved customer service
- New property management team
And we’re just getting started!
Find Your Fit This Year!
Did you know that your success as a student is enhanced when you’re involved and engaged outside of the classroom? We want to help you succeed and would love to help you get involved. Below are some tips for getting connected:
- Attend events at your property. We’re planning a great year of events just for you. Join in to meet friends, perhaps learn something new, and enjoy your community. Let us know what you would like to see!
- Find a club or organization on campus and get involved. There are organizations and clubs for almost every interest or academic pursuit.
- Volunteer in the community. Giving back not only makes a difference and is rewarding, but it’s also a great addition to your resume.
- Get plugged in to the local community. From festivals to concerts, there are a lot of opportunities to connect outside of campus life.
- Be sure you’re connected with us on social media, get to know your Community Assistant (CA), and please drop by the office to say hi!
Whatever you decide to do this year, we encourage you to get plugged in. We would love to help you find your fit this year. Let us know how we can be of assistance, and keep an eye out for opportunities to get involved. Our promise to you is an experience that delivers value, is hassle free, and is fun!
Community Events Calendar
Trivia Night — School Supply BLAST! — August 26 @ 7:00 p.m.
What better way to kick off the semester than with free stuff? But you have to WORK for it — duh! And not that boring type of school work. We’re talking fun, exciting, and best of all — some friendly competition. Put together your team, come up with a cool (but nerdy) team name, and join us for some schoolyard fun. Winning team members will get a bag of school supplies, so put your trivia skills to use — join us in the 3rd floor study room!
Fruit & Waffle Kabobs — August 29 from 10:30 a.m.–noon
Breakfast doesn’t get any more fun than this! Join The Depot and start your Saturday morning off the right way. Fruit, waffles, and maybe a tad bit of syrup here and there. Or maybe you want to substitute the syrup for yogurt dip. Whatever! We’re not Burger King, but on this day, you’re going to have it your way!